When Japanese actors play as white characters tumblr doesn’t bat an eye.
But when white actors play as characters from another race tumblr loses its mind and accuses them of “whitewashing”.
Uh, yeah. Because one is giving representation to marginalized groups and the other is taking away what little they have.
- Washington University Libraries creates “Documenting Ferguson” digital repository
- Police may not see reimbursement from state for work in Ferguson
- What we know about who police kill in America
- Why Mike Brown’s death was different (TW: blood)
- United We Win: Change begins with us. Register to vote.
- STL Co. Police involved in another fatal shooting last night. This is the 3rd officer-involved fatal shooting in the STL area since Mike Brown (storify) Videos: (Witness) (Police account)
- What’s happening today: 1. Ferguson Women on the Frontlines: Our Voices, Our Stories at 7 pm 2. Ferguson United Leadership Team Open Meeting. Thursdays from 6pm-8pm. Greater St. Marks on Chambers
i really need to learn how to get into something w/o
- getting so into it that i can’t think about anything else and it starts to take over my life or
- getting kinda into something, but quickly so bored and not interested that i cant focus on it at all or really care about it, even if i already have huge responsibilities involved in it
tfw u know u cant talk to some of ur friends about how much ur already struggling w school bc u know they’re gonna bring up or make a snide remark about how ur taking way less work intensive classes then they are
like surprise surprise!i can still struggle like all hell w school w/o taking all ap classes!who knew!and maybe ur better equipped and ready to handle school related stress!maybe u should stop assuming just bc u can handle school automatically means everyone else can! (sarcasm)
im really tired rn????and like i.understand why
today while i was walking home, i had been really into reading jurassic park and had been listening to spring awakening, and i almost ran right into my physics teacher while getting increasingly angry at some of the characters in jurassic park
and as she quickly walked past me, she yelled ‘heather! didn’t u know that reading while walking is even more dangerous than texting while walking’
mmhmm!! thats what i thought!! i never actually was in it, but i was involved in drama in hs and my friends were in it&&i helped set up for them, etc. && i totally think you should go for it!! youd enjoy it&&its something youre really into!!
tbh a few of my fave things to do is watch plays/musicals and to talk about them and point out their strengths and flaws and try to find ways that it might be improved
and idk my only worry is i wouldn’t be able to meet the word requirement for the critiques???but other than that it sounds so amazing and like exactly what i want to do
wait…. are you talking about cappies??
is this cappies??
yeah!!!!!thats what it’s called
i have so many opinions and criticisms of jurassic park, and tbh its not even close to the best book ive read, but its p fun and horrifying to read, and im so emtionally attached to lex, timmy, ellie, and grant
there’s a thing at my school where a select number of kids get to be on this group thing, and what it sounds like is u get to watch a well done live play for free, and then afterwards u write a 3k-5k critique of it, and u get to do this 5 times over the school year
and at the end there’s a big fancy party where everyone gets to dress up and get awards
and i???really really really wanna try out to get on this oh my god
we’ve taught girls to romanticise nearly everything a boy does. when i was younger i thought it was cute that boys chased the girl even after she said no. i loved it when after a girl moved away from a kiss, the guy would pull her back and force it on. i thought a guy saying ‘i won’t take a no for an answer’ was passionate and romantic. we’re literally always teaching girls to romanticise abusive traits.
ended up making a pattern with these anyway